The farmers’ almanac is calling for a harsh winter filled with storms, low temperatures, and lots of snow. This type of winter can wreak havoc on your trees leading to poor performance and appearance during the spring or worse case scenario, the death of your tree.
Symptoms of Winter Stress Include:
- Canopy dieback
- Salt damage
- Insect infestations & diseases
- Broken limbs
- Falling trees
- Bark discoloration
- Overall decline in health
Luckily with certain precautions you can combat the stress this winter will put on your tree by treating your tree with 2 simple fall applications, a Bio Stimulant application and a Tree Growth Regulator (TGR) application. These bundled applications are what we call our StressProof Package which will provide health benefits for up to 3 years.
Benefits of the StressProof Package:
- Prune Less Often
- Improve resistance to environmental stress such as extreme temperatures, poor soil, drought, & flooding.
- Keep trees from encroaching on structures & power lines
- Lower maintenance costs: reduce related pruning, watering, and fertilizer costs.
- Enhance root and foliage development
- Improve tree’s ability to recover from disease & insect damage
Don’t wait until it’s too late; protect your trees from the harsh upcoming winter by giving our Arborists a call at 703.573.3029 or booking a consultation online.
Latest posts by Samantha Huff (see all)
- 7 Insects To Look Out For This Summer - June 26, 2020
- Are Your Evergreen Shrubs (Azaleas, Boxwoods, etc.) Turning Brown/Yellow? - February 14, 2020
- Choosing The Best Christmas Tree For Your Family - November 29, 2019