Winters in the DC area have become colder and stormier in the past couple of years. It has gotten to the point where the harsh winters have taken a toll on trees and shrubs. Because of this, intervention is necessary to keep our landscapes thriving.
About RTEC’s Winter Protection Program:
- Combats the stress put on trees and shrubs (especially evergreens) during the harsh winter season. The program
- Includes a combination of Bio-Stimulant, Tree Growth Regulator, and Anti-Desiccant applications applied throughout the fall and winter season (combinations vary by tree species and landscape needs) .
- Includes monitoring visits to determine the needs of the property.
Without A Winter Protection Program Homeowners can expect to see the winter stress symptoms listed below:
Insect infestations & diseases
- Prune Less Often
- Improve resistance to environmental stress such as extreme temperatures, poor soil, drought, & flooding.
- Keep trees from encroaching on structures & power lines
- Lower maintenance costs: reduce related pruning, watering, and fertilizer costs.
- Enhance root and foliage development
- Improve tree’s ability to recover from disease & insect damage
- Decrease tree’s susceptibility to diseases & insects
Pricing depends on the volume of trees/shrubs, species susceptibility to winter stress, and the history of winter health issues on your property. Schedule a consultation with a certified arborist to find out what your customized winter protection program would look like.