Big, flourishing canopies are great to have because they’re in great health and of valuable size, right? Well, not always. Under certain circumstances, trees and their owners may have to suffer through hard-to-deal-with issues.
Do you have a tree that you love, but it’s:
- Growing too close to your deck or home?
- Constantly in need of tree trimming?
- Experienced disease or pest issues?
Dealing with these common issues can be a hassle and make tree care more difficult than it already can be. Fortunately, to help you and your trees, there is a solution to help control and manage tree growth: Tree Growth Regulators (TGR).
Tree Growth Regulators can improve your tree’s health and reduce frequency of tree trimming needs. This altogether leads to a much happier, healthier, and more aesthetically pleasing landscape.
Wondering if your trees are good candidates for TGR treatments? Continue reading to find out.
PHOTOS: Tree Growth Regulator applied to a tree by one of our Certified Arborists
Benefits of Tree Growth Regulators
There are several benefits TGRs can provide for your trees.
- Tree Growth Regulators reduce tree growth. They can reduce growth by 90%. This means you can rest with assurance that your tree can flourish without crowding into nearby structures. Who wants powerline issues or damaged roofs? (No one.)
- Tree Growth Regulators enhance root and leaf development. Trees in small areas or in places prone to soil compaction often have a reduced Critical Root Zone (CRZ). TGRs boost root and leaf growth by helping the tree with its water and mineral absorption. Naturally, more nutrients means greener leaves, more energy, and better overall health.
- Tree Growth Regulators help protect against diseases and infestations. With better general plant health and overall tree care comes better resistance against diseases and infestations.
Need help controlling tree size & improving tree health?
Which Trees Are Tree Growth Regulators Best For?
If you have trees that are suffering from the following conditions, then a Tree Growth Regulator may be a good choice for your landscape.
>> Your tree is growing in a limited, urban, high traffic area.
- Limited CRZ: When a big tree is surrounded by other structures such as sidewalks or driveways, too often their vital root system isn’t able to provide it with enough water and nutrients.
- Tree Growth Regulators help trees handle these challenges.
- Tough Growing Locations: When trees are planted in limiting areas (ex: sidewalks or parking lots), a heat island is created which can lead to a common symptom called leaf scorch.
- Tree Growth Regulators reduce the trees’ need for water which can lead to lead to healthier leaves.
- Compacted Soil: Due to the heavy traffic and constant construction that take place, soil compaction has become a common issue in urban settings. It can go as far as to be nicknamed the “Silent Killer” of trees. This nickname comes from the damage soil compaction leaves behind in the crucial root system which can eventually kill the tree altogether.
- Tree Growth Regulators can stimulate root growth and help the tree more effectively handle nutrient and water intake.
>> Your tree needs to get trimmed more often than you would like.
- Mature Trees: A common complaint our Certified Arborists hear is how clients’ trees are crowding into important structures such as their gutters, their roof, or their neighbors’ yards – all which lead to the need of constant tree trimming.
- Tree Growth Regulators slow tree growth which can help reduce the frequent need for tree trimming. With help from TGRs, trees can go years without trimming.
- Manicured Looks: Homeowners may want their trees to look a certain way for aesthetic reasons.
- Tree Growth Regulators maintain the aesthetic for a longer amount of time.
>> Your tree is slowly starting to decline.
Have you been noticing any of the following symptoms of tree decline?
- Branch dieback
- Browning and yellowing leaves
- Thinning canopy
Tree Growth Regulators support tree health and can aid in recovery from these symptoms.
Tree Growth Regulators are beneficial for both you and your favorite tree: they improve plant health and save you time and energy! Depending on the conditions your tree might be dealing with and the species of your tree, a Tree Growth Regulator may be exactly what you and your landscape are looking for.
Gain control of your landscape.