Our Highly Effective Tick Control Plan For Government Training Centers Lead Us To Be Awarded 2 Small Business Achievement Awards From The Department Of Homeland Security.
Dangers Of Ticks:
Tick bites by themselves typically just cause local irritation and are usually not dangerous. The dangerous part comes with the diseases and bacteria transferred through the tick’s saliva. An allergic reaction to a tick’s saliva can also cause “Tick Paralysis”.
Diseases Contracted From Tick Bites:
- Lyme Disease
- Rickettsia Parkeri Rickettsiosis
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
The CDC reported 805 confirmed cases of Lyme disease in the state of Virginia and 1113 confirmed cases in Maryland in 2012 but they estimate the number is actually much higher.
RTEC Tick Management Plan:
Our tick management plan will be customized to your property’s needs by a Certified Arborist experience in tick control. This plan will:
- Identify High Risk Areas On Your Property
- Keep Pests That Transmit Ticks Out Of Your Yard
- Create A Barrier To Suppress Ticks Populations Around High Use Areas Of The Property
TIPS TO HELP KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE FROM TICKS AND LYME DISEASE:
- Cover all areas of skin when walking trough tall grass or wooded areas.
- Discourage wild animals from entering your backyard.
- If a tick attaches to your skin, use fine tipped tweezers to grasp the tick as close to the skin’s surface as possible and pull in an upward, steady motion.
- Once removed, clean the area with rubbing alcohol, an iodine scrub, or soap and water.
- If a rash of fever occur, consult medical physician.
- Invest in a Tick Management Plan