We are thrilled to announce that we have received the designation of Green Business Leader from Fairfax County. We are excited to continue our work with the Fairfax County Office of Environmental and Energy Coordination (OEEC) as a Leader within the Green Business Partners program.
Green Business Partners align with the vision of a flourishing and resilient business community that actively works towards minimizing greenhouse gas emissions and fostering sustainability initiatives, ultimately contributing to the well-being and prosperity of Fairfax County.
Partners are dedicated to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and the adoption of sustainable business practices that drive forward climate action. OEEC acknowledges and stands by Green Business Partners, offering valuable information, tools, and resources to bolster their endeavors in this regard.
RTEC Treecare has made a commitment to conducting all business in a sustainable manner, prioritizing resource conservation and environmental protection through the following practices:
- Offering green products and services
- Whenever possible, use natural approaches to minimize the use of harmful chemicals
- One of our all-natural offerings is a 100% natural mosquito and tick control program that is safe for people, pollinators, pets, and wildlife.
- Promoting proper stormwater management
- We offer an all-natural bio-stimulant treatment as an alternative to traditional chemical fertilizers. This option minimizes the risk of stormwater pollution and preserves our waterways.
- We take environmental and climatic factors into consideration when scheduling any plant health care services, minimizing the risk of our products being swept away into stormwater.
- Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling
- We use mobile devices in the field whenever possible to save paper.
- We are committed to running a “paperless” office.
- In recent years, we’ve eliminated all paper files. We recycled more than 2,000 lbs. of paper!
- All debris removed from clients’ properties is recycled.
- Running a sustainable fleet
- We train our schedulers to book appointments at homes located nearby each other and maximize route efficiency for our plant health care team whenever possible to minimize our contribution to fuel emissions and waste.
- Promoting environmental justice
- Through our 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Environmental Justice Alliance (EJA), we have supported our neighbors through environmental justice initiatives. Most recently, we built a community garden at a local youth shelter.
Want to learn more about the Fairfax County Green Business Partner Program? Click this link to visit the program’s website!